Job Title: Digital Project Coordinator
(One Year Contractual Position)
Deadline for applications: June 20, 2023
The Museum Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (MANL) is a not for profit, registered charitable organization which represents and supports museums and people associated with them. MANL is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes that there is nothing about us without us.
The Museum Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (MANL) are seeking an experienced individual to develop online services in digital formats. The successful candidate, under the supervision and guidance of the Executive Director, will help MANL develop online content and processes that will establish improved seamless delivery of services.
- Possess a working knowledge of the website program Wordpress
- Review current programs, identifying potential for improvement and online delivery
- Update and develop sections of our website
- Contract industry professionals to develop online training components
- Convert traditional courses or create new online and hybrid training programs
- Develop new content and tools for existing website
- Review online resources to improve service delivery
- Develop policy around digitization and digital delivery of services
- Deliver online presentations to introduce new services
- Explore online resources on topics such as reconciliation and colonization
- Provide support to the Annual General Meeting and committee
- Other duties as required
The individual must possess good written and oral communication skills and be comfortable speaking online and in public group settings. The successful candidate must have a working knowledge of website editing software and must have demonstrated experience in website content management. Knowledge of WordPress would be an asset. This qualification could be acquired through some combination of training and experience.
The candidate should also be experienced in preparing presentations and packaging them for online and “in person” delivery. Some related exposure to museums and heritage either through education, volunteer or employment history would be an asset. A certificate in Museum Studies would be an asset. The candidate must provide a valid certificate of conduct from the RNC.
Salary: $18 an hour/ 35 hours per week
Deadline for applications: June 20th 2023
Applications may be forwarded to:
Human Resources Committee
Museum Association of Newfoundland and Labrador
PO Box 5785 St. John’s, NL
MANL thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.