Jackson’s Arm Heritage Society
The Stanley Ford Home is a 20th century vernacular, white painted wooden dwelling with a low hip roof. It was constructed in 1947, upon Ford’s return to Jackson’s Arm after serving in the Newfoundland Overseas Forestry Unit during World War II. It has wood windows, doors and trims, and is sheathed in narrow clapboard siding of fir, no doubt locally cut and sawn, given the region’s history of forestry and sawmilling enterprises. There is a small, wooden, white storage shed located to the left of the house.