The Banting Interpretation Center, located in Musgrave Harbour, was built in 1991.The centre features the wreckage from the 1941 aviation crash that claimed the life of Sir Frederick Banting, one of the men responsible for the twentieth-century discovery of insulin. The wreckage was airlifted from Seven Mile Pond in 1990,
The Beaches Heritage Centre is dedicated to the promotion and preservation of the art and culture of the Eastport Peninsula and all of Newfoundland. Through theatre programming, art gallery exhibitions and numerous events, the Centre celebrates the myriad of traditional and modern arts for which Newfoundland is renown.
The Burin Heritage Tourism Association consists of a Heritage House Museum, also known as the Reddy House, and a museum in the Bank of Nova Scotia building. On the premises we also have a Craft Shop for local goods, and By the Rock Cafe with traditional Newfoundland cuisine, and an
The Heritage House in Champney’s West opened in 2010. It is dedicated to Ella Freeman and the house was donated to the community by her daughter Dr. Marjorie Ragosta. It is owned and operated by the Champney’s West Heritage Group. Marjorie purchased the house for her mother’s trips back home
The Clarenville Heritage Society Inc. operates a volunteer based museum in the community of Clarenville in the former CN Railway station original built in 1942. The station building belongs to the Clarenville Shrine Club who restored the structure in the late 1990s and recently acquired Provincial Heritage Designation in partnership
Elliston is located on the tip of the Bonavista Peninsula known for whale watching, bird watching and a sandy beach. In 2000, the town of Elliston declared itself the “Root Cellar Capital of the World.” Though efforts of the town and Memorial University of Newfoundland, Elliston has been able to
This historical home reflects a way of life at the turn of the century. NO washroom facilities or electricity are characteristics that put our youth in awe. The Lake family graciously donated the house in 2002 to be opened to the public as the George & Mary Lake Heritage House.
The Museum is located in George C. Harris House, designated a heritage structure by the Heritage Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador. A typical Queen Anne structure, it was built in 1908 by local merchant George Harris. The building received the Manning Award in 1994 and the Southcott Award in 1996.
The Gerald S. Doyle Memorial Museum, operated by the King’s Cove Historical Society Inc., is located in King’s Cove on Route 235 on the Bonavista Peninsula. It is dedicated to preserving and exhibiting the history of historic King’s Cove and area. You are invited to visit other sites such as