Job Title: Professional Development Coordinator
(Contractual to March 31, 2024)
The Museum Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (MANL) is a not for profit, registered charitable organization which represents and supports museums and people associated with them. MANL is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes that there is nothing about us without us.
Professional Development Coordinator Job Description:
MANL is seeking an experienced individual to plan, develop, coordinate and evaluate its professional development activities. The successful candidate will work with the Professional Development Committee and under the general direction of the Executive Director to fulfill MANL’s professional development goals.
- Network with other provincial and territorial museum associations to pursue shared professional development opportunities and resources.
- Work with the Digital Project Coordinator to refresh MANL’s best practices online toolkit and other digital products.
- Re-establish regional training programs by ensuring the planning and delivery of regional workshops.
- Develop new and online training content through partnerships and other suitable means.
- Develop webinars and in-person workshops to demonstrate new content.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to programs with reference to stated performance and to ensure that educational opportunities are responsive to membership needs.
- Maintain records and reports pertaining to MANL’s Certificate Program.
- Liaise with member organizations and the public to ensure the education and training needs of the membership are fulfilled.
The individual should have experience and skills acquired in a similar role and/or a demonstrated understanding of the museum environment and training requirements. This qualification could be acquired through some combination of training and experience. They should have the ability to work in a collaborative environment while maintaining accountability for specific deliverables. They should possess good written and oral communication skills and be comfortable speaking online and in public group settings. The PDC must travel throughout Newfoundland and Labrador to deliver MANL’s programs and services. A valid driver’s licence is required. A certificate in Museum Studies would be an asset. The candidate must provide a valid certificate of conduct from the RNC.
Salary: $18 an hour/ 35 hours per week
Deadline for applications: August 25, 2023
Applications may be forwarded to:
Human Resources Committee
Museum Association of Newfoundland and Labrador
PO Box 5785 St. John’s, NL
MANL thanks all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.