This historical home reflects a way of life at the turn of the century. NO washroom facilities or electricity are characteristics that put our youth in awe. The Lake family graciously donated the house in 2002 to be opened to the public as the George & Mary Lake Heritage House.
The Museum and Gallery are a project of the Bay Roberts Heritage Society Inc. The Western Union Cable Station, now known as the Cable Building, was constructed in 1913, extended in 1927, and was in continuous operation as a repeater station until 1965. For a brief period it was used