St. Vincent’s Fishermen’s Museum and Memorial Garden

St. Vincent’s Fisherman’s Museum Committee Inc. The Fishermen’s Museum in St. Vincent’s was first was established in 1995 in the restored home of a local fisherman. It is now located in an old convent behind the church on the main road of the community. Throughout all the displays in the

Continue reading

Rorke Store Museum

The Town of Carbonear Located across the street from the historic Rorke Stone House, the Rorke Stores served as a major commercial centre for the town of Carbonear for over 100 years. Construction on the Stone House started in 1860. Both stores across the street were built in the 1870’s

Continue reading

Road to Yesterday Museum & Christopher Pratt Art Gallery

Bay Roberts Heritage Society Inc. The Western Union Cable Station, now known as the Cable Building, was constructed in 1913, extended in 1927, and was in continuous operation as a repeater station until 1965. For a brief period it was used by the School Board and then abandoned for over

Continue reading

Petty Harbour/Maddox Cove Heritage Museum

The Town of Petty Harbour/Maddox Cove The Petty Harbour Museum is located in the Town of Petty Harbour/Maddox Cove, just 15 minutes from downtown St. Johns. The museum is situated in the basement of the old school, which is now the Community Center and Town Office. “Many Stories in Tiny

Continue reading

Old Carbonear Post Office

Carbonear Heritage Society The Old Carbonear Post office is considered to be one of the finest and best preserved example of the Second Empire construction style. The Post Office was built in 1905 to replace a larger one that burned down in 1904. Over the years the building served as

Continue reading

O’Reilly House Museum

Placentia Area Historical Society The O’Reilly House was built in 1902 as a residence for William O’Reilly. In the 1940s, it became a government-owned residence for the local magistrate, and filled that role until 1984. In 1986, it was turned over to the Placentia Area Historical Society for development as

Continue reading

The Wesley Gosse Memorial United Church Heritage Building

Spaniard’s Bay Heritage Society The Municipality of Spaniard’s Bay Heritage Committee originally formed in 1996 under the chairmanship of Mr. Ed Neil. At that time, the group completed the Johnson Foundation history board project. The board is located at Veteran’s Memorial Park and provides information about the history of Spaniard’s

Continue reading

Mizzen Heritage Museum

Heart’s Content Mizzen Heritage Society Housed in the Mizzen Hall, the Mizzen Heritage Society produces various exhibits every summer which aim to educate and promote the heritage of the community. The Society’s collection consists of artifacts and archival materials which outline the community’s early occupational heritage, including the seal, inshore

Continue reading

Historic Ferryland Museum

Ferryland Historical Society Built in 1916, to serve as The Bank Of Montreal, the building was soon converted to a Courthouse and residence for the Newfoundland Constabulary. In the early 1950s, the building was converted to a Doctors clinic and residence and served in this capacity until 1969. In 1973, the Government

Continue reading

Hefford Plantation Artifacts

Hefford Plantation Artifacts is sponsored by Heritage New Perlican, as well as the Baccalieu Trail Heritage Corporation. Self-guided tour of the best artifacts from the Hefford Plantation dig in the early 2000’s. Self-guided wall panels take you through each glass display unit housed in the Town’s Boardroom. Hefford Plantation has

Continue reading