Dwyer Premises

Located in on the eastern side of the harbour in Tilting, you can view the full range of buildings associated with the family-based inshore fishery. The Premises is connected to an island called “The Rock” and consists of a house, store, flakes and a stage and is remarkable in its

Continue reading

Experience Fogo Site

View collections of old tools and see how residents grew their own vegetables, raised their livestock, mended their nets, and dried their fish. This parcel of land was once owned by the Slade merchant family, and then by the Earle’s. It was later donated by merchant Henry Earle for the

Continue reading

Fishermen’s Museum, Musgrave Harbour

Banting Historical Trust The Fisherman’s Museum located in the Town of Musgrave Harbour was built in 1910 and was originally the first retail store operated by the Fisherman’s Trading Company with Sir William Coaker as president of the Fisherman’s Protective Union. The museum now holds an array of interesting artifacts

Continue reading

Fogo Island Marine Interpretation Centre

The Fogo Island Marine Information Centre is located in Seldom on Route 333, a 10 minute drive from the ferry terminal at Man O’War Cove. If travelling by boat it is located off the northeast coast of Newfoundland on the main shipping route to Seldom. Seldom has a natural deep

Continue reading

Fox Moth Museum and Heritage Centre

The Fox Moth Heritage Centre is a replica of the original aviation hangar constructed on this site in the mid 1930s. Pioneer pilot Capt. Douglas Fraser, with his plane the Fox Moth, used this building as home base for his meteorological flights gathering data for the first commercial trans-atlantic flights

Continue reading

Glovertown Museum

The Janes House Museum was opened in 2004 but was originally built by Ambrose and Sarah Janes in 1898. The House was donated by the Janes family several years ago for the purpose of housing a museum. It is one of the oldest structures in Glovertown and was constructed using

Continue reading

Jack Ward Memorial General Store Heritage Centre

Admission: Family pass (seasonal) $6.00, individual pass (seasonal) $4.00, daily pass $2.00, family day pass $4.00. Gift Shop: Locally handcrafted items and a variety of gifts and souvenier

Continue reading

La Scie-French Shore Connection Society Inc.

The La Scie French Shore Connection Society Inc. is committed to the promotion of French Shore Theme in the La Scie area and the preservation of our French history for future generations. Through the development of historical sites, tourist attractions and the provision of educational opportunities, the rich French history

Continue reading

Lane House Museum

The Lane House is the oldest house in Tilting and won the Southcott Award, for excellence in preserving the architectural heritage of Newfoundland and Labrador in 1997. It was built prior to 1836 by Irish cooper Augustin MacNamara (known as “Augie Mac”). Augie Mac came from Ireland with his sister,

Continue reading