Military Museum

The museum is dedicated to preserving the service of Newfoundlanders who served in both World Wars, the Korean War and peacekeeping missions around the world. Exhibits at the museum include the Royal Newfoundland Regiment from the Beaumont Hamel, France during World War I, including trenchline maps. The Royal Artillery exhibit

Continue reading

Museum of the Flat Earth

Situated precariously at one of the corners of the flat earth, the Museum of the Flat Earth welcomes tourists, visitors, and residents to view and contemplate its curious collection of artifacts. The museum sits at the intersection of fact and fiction and presents documents and objects that reflect the history

Continue reading

North Atlantic Aviation Museum

The Museum’s collection focuses on North Atlantic aviation history as it pertains to Gander and Gander International Airport from the 1930’s to the present, with the bulk of artifacts, photos and text centering on the WWII years through the early jet age. Highlights of the collection include a 1940 Hudson

Continue reading

NorthEast Church Museum

The last service was held at this church in 1987 at which time the building was deconsecrated. A group of concerned citizens purchased the building when it became in danger of demolition. The group has since become incorporated in the North East Church Heritage Association Inc. and is dedicated to

Continue reading

Old Post Office

The original Post Office in Tilting was established in 1887 and it was set up as a waystation. For many years it was located in the local fishing premises of Patrick Bryan and Sons. Patrick Bryan was awarded the contract to build the new post office and construction began in

Continue reading

Old School House Museum

Old School House Museum The Old Schoolhouse is a rectangular, single-storey former school building with symmetrically placed wooden windows along the sides, a steeply pitched gable roof, and a front gable-end entry porch with wooden doors. It is located next to Our Lady of the Snows Roman Catholic Church on

Continue reading

Over the Top Museum

The residence of the late Peter and Ida Quinlan of Birchy Bay, built in 1916, houses the Over the Top Museum. Birchy Bay was first settled by fishermen from Fogo Island who would winter in the sheltered bays in winter’s tilts and cut timber from the surrounding area. A replica

Continue reading

Peterview Heritage Centre

The Peterview Heritage Centre displays artifacts, pictorial history of Peterview. Ongoing research includes obtaining artifacts from the Beothuck era for display. Wheelchair accessible.

Continue reading

Pilley’s Island Museum

AdmissionAdults: $2.00Youth: $1.00Under 12: FreeSeasonal Pass: $5.00. Wheelchair Accessible

Continue reading

Point Leamington Heritage Centre

The Centre is located on the bank of Mill River, an excellent salmon river and is adjacent to Rowsell’s Hill Nature Trail. The Centre has a gift shop and a coffee shop, Aunt Ethel’s Kitchen, where you can enjoy a snack during your visit. There is no admission fee. Donations

Continue reading