The Placentia West Development Association’s Heritage House is the perfect midpoint on the Heritage Run. The house is located at the intersection at Baine Harbour, and its a short trip to the scenic community of Rushoon. The House is run by the Placentia West Heritage Committee.
The Centre is located on the bank of Mill River, an excellent salmon river and is adjacent to Rowsell’s Hill Nature Trail. The Centre has a gift shop and a coffee shop, Aunt Ethel’s Kitchen, where you can enjoy a snack during your visit. There is no admission fee. Donations
The “Veiled Virgin “Sculpture”One world famous art piece belonging to the Sisters and available for public viewing is a marble sculpture called The Veiled Virgin” currently housed at Presentation Convent, Cathedral Square, home of our Archives. The Veiled Virgin, the beautiful marble statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary, was imported
Located at 495 Water Street, St. John’s, Newfoundland, the Railway Coastal is housed in the original refurbished Riverhead Train Station built in 1903. The museum is dedicated to interpreting the history of the Newfoundland railway system from its inception in the late 1880’s to its closure in 1988 as well
Located in Port aux Basques, the Railway Heritage Museum reflects the voyages that began over 100 years ago and takes a walk back in time to recapture the importance of the railway, fishery and ferry service in Newfoundland’s history. Examples of Channel-Port aux Basques’ long and colourful heritage in the
The Railway Society of Newfoundland was created in 1987 when Baldwin Steam Locomotive #593, “Newfie Bullet”, was removed from Bowater’s Park to the Historic Train Site at Humbermouth, Newfoundland. The Railway Society of Newfoundland has accumulated the rolling stock, trackage, freight shed and site. Artifacts also include telegraph instruments, train
Located in Millertown, nestled on the southeast shore of Red Indian Lake, the Red Indian Lake Interpretation Centre tells the story of the area’s history. This is where the Beothuk Indians once inhabited as their winter encampment. It was here where Demasduit (Mary March) was captured and then later returned