alt= "George and Mary Lake Heritage House Fortune"

George and Mary Lake Heritage House

This historical home reflects a way of life at the turn of the century. NO washroom facilities or electricity are characteristics that put our youth in awe. The Lake family graciously donated the house in 2002 to be opened to the public as the George & Mary Lake Heritage House.

Continue reading

George C. Harris Museum

The Museum is located in George C. Harris House, designated a heritage structure by the Heritage Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador. A typical Queen Anne structure, it was built in 1908 by local merchant George Harris. The building received the Manning Award in 1994 and the Southcott Award in 1996.

Continue reading

Gerald S. Doyle Memorial Museum

The Gerald S. Doyle Memorial Museum, operated by the King’s Cove Historical Society Inc., is located in King’s Cove on Route 235 on the Bonavista Peninsula. It is dedicated to preserving and exhibiting the history of historic King’s Cove and area. You are invited to visit other sites such as

Continue reading

Glovertown Museum

The Janes House Museum was opened in 2004 but was originally built by Ambrose and Sarah Janes in 1898. The House was donated by the Janes family several years ago for the purpose of housing a museum. It is one of the oldest structures in Glovertown and was constructed using

Continue reading

Green Family Forge

The Green Family practiced as blacksmiths in Trinity since before 1750. The death of John Green is recorded in the Church records for 1764. The present smithy was built between 1895 and 1900 and was last in use in 1955. This building is unusual for that era as it is

Continue reading

Grenfell Historic Properties

The Grenfell Historic Properties celebrate the presence of Sir Wilfred Thomason Grenfell in Northern Newfoundland and Labrador, and the impact that he and his worldwide mission had on the social, medical and economic climate of the early 1900’s. Equally, the properties tell the story of the evolution of Northern Newfoundland

Continue reading

Hefford Plantation Artifacts

Hefford Plantation Artifacts is sponsored by Heritage New Perlican, as well as the Baccalieu Trail Heritage Corporation. Self-guided tour of the best artifacts from the Hefford Plantation dig in the early 2000’s. Self-guided wall panels take you through each glass display unit housed in the Town’s Boardroom. Hours of Operation:Open

Continue reading

Her Majesty’s Penitentiary Museum & Archives

The location of the museum and archives is the HMP Administration Building located just outside the prison walls on Forest Road. Her Majesty’s Penitentiary Museum & Archives contains artifacts and documents dating back to 1838. The museum & archives is not open to the general public but if anyone is

Continue reading

Historic Ferryland Museum

The Historic Ferryland Museum has been in operation for more than twenty years. It occupies a two-story structure which was built as a Bank of Montreal in the 1910-20 period. Soon after its construction, it was converted to serve as a Courthouse/jail/ police officer’s residence. In the 1970s it was

Continue reading