Dwyer Premises

The Town of Fogo Island Located in on the eastern side of the harbour in Tilting, you can view the full range of buildings associated with the family-based inshore fishery. The Premises is connected to an island called “The Rock” and consists of a house, store, flakes and a stage

Continue reading

Elliott Premises

Elliott Premises Management Committee The Elliott Premises includes a craft store, theatre, visitor information kiosk, marina, café and Interpretation Centre, which features artifacts and stories of the fishery and Newman’s Port wine. In 2005, Pierce’s Store, an early 1900’s fishing shed, was moved to Elliott Premises by boat and floating

Continue reading

Elliston Root Cellars

Tourism Elliston Inc. Elliston is located on the tip of the Bonavista Peninsula known for whale watching, bird watching and a sandy beach. In 2000, the town of Elliston declared itself the “Root Cellar Capital of the World.” Though efforts of the town and Memorial University of Newfoundland, Elliston has

Continue reading

Experience Fogo Site

The Town of Fogo Island View collections of old tools and see how residents grew their own vegetables, raised their livestock, mended their nets, and dried their fish. This parcel of land was once owned by the Slade merchant family, and then by the Earle’s. It was later donated by

Continue reading
"FamilyHistorySociety"

Family History Society of Newfoundland & Labrador

The Family History Society of Newfoundland and Labrador (FHSNL) is a not-for-profit organisation that was established in 1984, incorporated in 1987, and in 2013 became a registered charity. The main objectives of the society are: • To help researchers locate and access genealogical information.• To foster education and interest in

Continue reading

Fishermen’s Museum and Porter House

Port De Grave Peninsula Heritage Society Inc. The Fishermen’s Museum was started in 1969 by artist George Noseworthy and a group of local residents who saw the need to preserve and promote the local fishing heritage that was so rapidly changing. A few years later, nearby Porter house was acquired

Continue reading

Fishermen’s Museum, Musgrave Harbour

Banting Historical Trust Inc. The Fisherman’s Museum located in the Town of Musgrave Harbour was built in 1910 and was originally the first retail store operated by the Fisherman’s Trading Company with Sir William Coaker as president of the Fisherman’s Protective Union. The museum now holds an array of interesting

Continue reading

Fishing for Success

Fishing for Success at Island Rooms of Petty HarbourFishing For Success is a nonprofit social enterprise dedicated to living, sharing and celebrating the traditional fishing knowledge and culture that sustained generations of Newfoundlanders & Labradorians. Island Rooms is a historic fishing property in Petty Harbour-Maddox Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador. It

Continue reading

Flambro Head Museum & Café

Flambro Head Heritage Society Inc. The museum has displays, artifacts, photos, tools and implements depicting the early lifestyles of the area. They serve snacks and specials in their café.

Continue reading

Fogo Island Marine Interpretation Centre

The Town of Fogo Island The Fogo Island Marine Information Centre is located in Seldom on Route 333, a 10 minute drive from the ferry terminal at Man O’War Cove. If travelling by boat it is located off the northeast coast of Newfoundland on the main shipping route to Seldom.

Continue reading