Lester-Garland House

Trinity Historical Society Inc.

Reconstructed in 1996-97 to the design, structure and architectural details of the house first built in the 1760s and refurbished in 1819, this Georgian style house was the first structure of its kind in the province. Home to the Poole-Newfoundland based mercantile families of the Lesters’ and Garlands’ it was taken down in the 1960s and was rebuilt in 1996-1997 and is used today as a museum, learning centre and home of the archival collection of the Trinity Historical Society that dates back to 1740s.

Trinity Historical Society Inc. (THS) was founded in 1964 as a not-for-profit organization, incorporated in 1971 and registered as a charity in 1977. It owns and operates the Trinity Historical Society Archives (1966), Trinity Museum (1967), Green Family Forge (1991), the Court House, Gaol and General Building (1996), Lester-Garland House (1997) and Cooperage (2007) and oversees the operation of the Fort Point Lighthouse Interpretation Centre.

  • Facebook
  • Instagram

Categories: AllArchitectureArchivesCommunity / Regional HistoryEasternGenealogyLibraryMercantileRegional ListingsThematic Listings

Lester-Garland House

West Street
Trinity, NL 

Get Directions

Open from mid-May to mid-October from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM daily.


(709) 464-3599

Return to Museum Listings