Salvage Fisherman’s Museum Committee Located on the most easterly point of the Eastport Peninsula, lies the 300-year-old fishing community of Salvage. Known as the Lane/Heffern House, the Salvage Fisherman’s Museum was created in 1969 and is recognized as one of the oldest in the province. Due to its historic and
Shipwreck Preservation Society of Newfoundland & Labrador Inc. The mission of the Shipwreck Preservation Society of Newfoundland & Labrador is to advance the awareness, documentation and stewardship of shipwrecks throughout the province. The society often partners with community and provincial museums and government agencies on their shipwreck projects.
Town of Gambo Dedicated to J.R. Smallwood and the history of Gambo. The museum contains memorabilia of the Smallwood era, the history of Gambo including the events of 9/11 and its connection with the railway and logging industry. The Center boasts a gift shop, café and a deck overlooking the Gambo
Springdale Heritage Society The purpose of the Springdale Heritage Society is to collect, preserve, and present items pertaining to the historical and cultural heritage of Springdale and the immediate Hall’s Bay area. Although the Society considers accepting small, museum-type items which are of specific local interest, its focus is primarily
Built in 1836, St. Thomas’ Anglican Church is one of the oldest continually-used Anglican churches in Newfoundland. The church is notable for its proximity to historic British military sites such as Fort Townsend, Fort William and Commissariat House. Built under the commission of Bishop Aubrey Spencer, the land for the
St. Vincent’s Fisherman’s Museum Committee Inc. The Fishermen’s Museum in St. Vincent’s was first was established in 1995 in the restored home of a local fisherman. It is now located in an old convent behind the church on the main road of the community. Throughout all the displays in the
Jackson’s Arm Heritage Society The Stanley Ford Home is a 20th century vernacular, white painted wooden dwelling with a low hip roof. It was constructed in 1947, upon Ford’s return to Jackson’s Arm after serving in the Newfoundland Overseas Forestry Unit during World War II. It has wood windows, doors
Sunny Cottage Committee & The Town of Harbour Breton Sunny Cottage is one of the largest Queen Anne Style houses in Newfoundland. It was built in 1907 by local merchant, Mr. John J. Rose. In 1988 Sunny Cottage was designated a Registered Heritage Structure by the Heritage Foundation of Newfoundland
Gateway Labrador Inc. Exhibits follow the history of early life and the history of mining in Labrador West. The museum features a 360 Virtual tour of IOCC, taxidermy and heritage quilts, along with lots of other marks and artifacts of Labrador West history.